3/3/08

10x10

A few months ago, I read on someone else's blog that a common and nifty way to introduce one's self to the Blogland is to publish a "100 things about me" list, in 10 installments of 10. This seems like an appropriate task for the Month of Lists.

So, here goes.

100 things, 1-10
(in no particular order)

1. I've lived at 20 different addresses (in 32 years).
2. Cold cereal is my all-time favorite food.
3. I hate malls. A handful of years ago, congested shopping areas inspired in me a sense of dread that bordered on panic attack. Now, it simmers at resentment.
4. The two things I love shopping for are books and shoes.
5. Tags make me nervous (on sheets, pillows, dog toys -- strangely not the tags on clothes).
6. If I could be anyone for a day, I'd be the guest host on Saturday Night Live.
7. For several months when I was seven or eight, I knocked every piece of cake I attempted to eat into my lap (this included cake for my birthday, my brother's birthday, my grandmother's birthday and my father's birthday). I have since overcome any lingering cake anxiety and prefer those in the family of chocolate.
8. My dream vacation consists of a remote cabin, a body of water nearby, a stack of books, bottles of wine, my dog, and maybe one or two carefully vetted human beings.
9. I resent being asked a lot of questions.
10. The most commonly heard phrase coming from my mouth is, "so, I have a question...".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How funny! My friend and I were randomly "google-ing" today and I found your reference to me in your August post. I'm the "beauty queen" you were searching for in Iowa. Very weird, but funny. My mom told me that you stopped by to interview her (or me?) She said she informed you that my life probably wouldn't be all that interesting... "Um... thanks, Mom--I think I'll go hang myself now."

I live in Saint Louis. I'm married and have three kids. My husband is actually a GM at a radio station here. I read that your friend was attending a radio conference in Chicago.

Anyway... thanks for noticing my dilapidated old sign. I keep threatening to get my chain saw and cut it down and put it up in my back yard for my neighbors to enjoy. But the joy that it brings so many people keeps me from doing such a selfish thing. And I love to think of all the random people who silently wonder, "who the hell is Darcie Benton". My mom may think I'm boring but at least I'm somewhat of an enigma.

Take care... Darcie Benton, Miss Iowa 86

Carrie said...

Oh my gosh and wow and thanks for writing. What a small, strange world! I'll have to tell my friend that even though we didn't find you, you eventually found us! Take care -- and if you're ever in Wisconsin, let me know.