3/6/08

Things I may do for my father's birthday

The parents are meeting JK and me at The Brother and Sister-in-Law's house in Phoenix tomorrow (technically, later today). My father turns 57 later this month, so we're planning a few early-birthday festivities during the visit. By a "few," I really mean an all-day extravaganza. For example...

Some things I may do for my father's birthday:

1. Grudgingly agree to miniature golf.
2. Lose at bowling.
3. Buy dinner.
4. Insist that everyone wear party hats.
5. Eat vegan carrot birthday cake.
6. Sing "Manic Monday" and "Cecilia" and "Here Comes the Rain Again" in front of a drunken crowd of strangers at the neighborhood karaoke bar.
7. Drink more wine than is responsible.
8. Create a ridiculously complicated, impressively creative, last-minute gift with The Brother and Sister-in-Law.
9. Feel a little guilty for not doing more.
10. Eat left-over vegan carrot birthday cake for breakfast, while sneaking globs of icing under the table to the dog.

No comments: